The Sienna Body after baby garment – providing postpartum support following a Caesarean section
We recommend the Body After Baby Sienna recovery garment to women who have had a caesarean birth, would like to reduce their DRAM (Diastasis Recti), require light pelvic/hip support, need to reduce fluid, or who would simply like to support their abdominal and back muscles post pregnancy. The Body after Baby garments offer a moderate level of compression in a comfortable, breathable, and discreet alternative to a more rigid belly wrap.
Body after baby Sienna recovery garment overview:
The Sienna postpartum recovery garment by ‘Body after baby’ is designed to be worn in the first 6 weeks after a c-section delivery. This garment will help support the c-section incision area, as well as the abdominal muscles, ligaments, and tissue that have been subjected to the strains of pregnancy and labor. The Sienna recovery garment has been specifically designed with two tailored support panels. The first seamless anatomical support panel provides gentle compression and protects incision and surrounding tissue. The secondary support panel in the upper abdomen assists with stabilising the core. Since this is a high waist product, it covers the entire abdominal area.
The Sienna c-section recovery garment is also designed with a side zipper with hook and eye closure for easier on/off – an especially important feature when trying to wear recovery garments following surgery.
What we love about this garment:
The biggest plus about this garment for women who are having or have had a Caesarean is the zippered side (with hook and eye closure also under the zip section). When you have a sore and swollen incision area, this makes putting a compression garment on and off much easier and more practical. The fabric feels great! It’s lightweight, breathable and soft and seamless against the skin. The length of the garment legs is great. The leg section does not provide any compression, but makes the garment comfortable to wear, without being unsuitable for wearing under skirts or shorts. Having the option to attach or detach the shoulder straps is also very helpful. This is by far one of the most breathable feeling compression garments we have tried so far.
Sienna recovery garment features:
- Stabilises and protects the C-section incision
- Compression assists healing and scar reduction
- Promotes circulation and reduces swelling
- Seamless support panels maintain comfort
- Side zipper and hook and eye closure
- Provides support and stability to the hip and pelvic region
- Provides lower back support for improved posture
- Comfortable to wear while breastfeeding
- Lightweight, comfortable, and breathable MicroNet fabric
- Cotton lined crotch panel for comfort and hygiene
- Adjustable and detachable shoulder straps
- 1 inch cotton lined under bust support band
- padded and reinforced back centre seam
- Seamless and undetectable under clothing
- Post c-section incision support
- DRAM (Diastasis Recti)
- Mild Pelvic Girdle or Hip Pain
- Fluid retention
- Post pregnancy abdominal and back support